“Breaking the Silence on Violence”
This eBook Illustration Contest is for the Purpose of Getting Children to Think About Beneficial Solutions to their Struggles and Needs
INSTRUCTIONS, GUIDELINES AND IDEAS FOR BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THE eBOOK ILLUSTRATION CONTEST
- To enter the illustration contest sponsored by BSW Academy USA, Inc., (the Contest), submit original illustrations produced by students or members for each page of the digital book titled “What’s Wrong with My Daddy?”, ISBN: 978-0-9996339-2-2 and ISBN: 978-0-9996339-0-8 (eBook).
- The objective of this Contest is to help all Participants and their students or members gain a resource for funding for much needed technology, equipment, or staff.
- This Contest is set up in such a way to make it possible for every participating organization to earn money from the online sale of this illustrated EBook that only costs $3.99.
- One dollar from each illustrated EBook sold by each Participant goes to that Participant for up to 25 years, as long as the book is in the marketplace to be sold.
- The dollar total from these sales will be paid out every two weeks on the first and third Friday of each month from: BSW Academy USA, Inc. 50- 8th Avenue SW, #109, Largo, FL 33779. email@example.com
- The Participant’s entry should be expressive, convey a positive message, and support the objective of the eBook.
- $5,000.00 of technology of their choosing will be awarded to the winning Participant.
- Any of the following media are preferred for illustrations: Watercolor, Acrylic, Oil paint, Indelible marker pens, Felt-tip pens, Soft ball-point pens, Indelible ink, Crayola, or any similar indelible medium. Computer-generated artwork is allowed. It is not recommended that pencil, charcoal or other non-permanent media be used unless absolutely necessary.
- The Contest and online voting start at 12:01am EST on October 15, 2018 and end at 11:59pm EST on January 31, 2019.
- The winning Participant will be announced in a media event at 1:00pm EST on February 17, 2019 and the event will be a live broadcast online via Zoom video conferencing. The winning Participant will also be notified by telephone and a certified letter.
- Upon notification of winning, the Participant has 10 days to forward the original illustrations of the winning entry to:
BSW Academy USA, Inc.
50- 8th Avenue SW, #109
Largo, FL 33779
- Delivery of the technology prize will occur after the original illustrations are received and within 10 days of when the winning Participant notifies BSW Academy USA, Inc. of the type of technology needed.
- The students or members that participate in creating illustrations for the winning entry (Winners) will be named on the copyright for the illustrations of the eBook and they are entitled to receive royalties from every eBook featuring their illustrations that is sold for up to 25 years, as long as the book is in the marketplace to be sold. These royalties are not a part of the Contest but are subject to appropriate copyright laws and will be paid accordingly.
- The participants who were members of the winning Participating Organization, “Winner” will begin receiving quarterly royalty checks no later than the 15th day of the month following the end of a calendar quarter (April 15, July 15, October 15, January 15) in which the eBook with their illustrations is sold, and they will continue to do so for a maximum of 25 years from the date the first royalty payment is made, based on continuing sales.
- The total quarterly royalty payments will be equally divided amongst the Winners designated by the Participant to be the illustrators of the winning entry via the entry form submission. Participants are required to provide the names, addresses, and grades of the Winners to BSW Academy USA, Inc. in order for royalty checks to be issued.
- Parents or legal guardians of the participants of the Winner under the age of 18 must enter into a royalty payment contract with BSW Academy USA, Inc. which will stipulate that the royalties are for the benefit of these participants of the Winner only, they will be responsible for keeping BSW Academy USA, Inc. notified at firstname.lastname@example.org of current contact information. Any and all unclaimed royalties will be held in trust for up to 25 years after the first royalty payment if the individual or individuals did not provide current contact information as all points of the contract are subject to the current copyright laws for digital books.
- The original illustrations from the winning entry become the property of the authors, Jo Spencer and K. Sabourin, upon announcement of winning.
- Reproductions of the copyrighted words in the eBook are for Illustration Contest purposes only. These copyrighted words may not be used with any other illustrations except those deemed to be the winning entry from this Contest and they may not be distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means, including recording or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the authors.
- Future illustration contests and campaigns are not a part of this eBook Contest.